Your New Home Protection Plan
“Electrical accidents and fires cause personal injury to homeowners and millions of dollars of damage to homes throughout Canada each year. These tragedies are often the result of poor installation, outdated components and systems that have not been maintained.”
– Vernon T. Houchin, Retired Fire Department Captain
Every year, nearly 13,000 Canadian families have to endure the loss of their home to fire. A 2007 report by the Council of Canadian Fire Marshals and Fire Commissioners found that almost 10% of those fires are caused by electrical problems. These tragic fires are usually a result of poor maintenance, and they could be avoided by having an annual, safety inspection. As a potential solution to help keep Albertans safe, our team of residential electricians created the Home Protection Plan.
What’s Included in Our Home Protection Plan?
Our priority is to protect Albertans from the risk of both fires and electrocution. As an electrical system ages, it gradually deteriorates. The increased power demands of our modern lifestyle can also speed up this aging process in older homes. This is because these homes’ electrical systems will follow an outdated code that was meant to serve families before the era of powerful computers, high-tech entertainment systems, and more.
The only way to know that your electrical system is functioning optimally is to have it inspected. As a member of our Home Protection Plan, you will receive a free, annual safety inspection of your home’s electrical system. We’ll evaluate how everything is running, recommend any maintenance or upgrades based on the latest best practices & code, and give you peace of mind.
Beyond a complimentary, annual electrical inspection, plan members also enjoy all of these great benefits:
- Priority Service. We understand that when you decide it’s time to upgrade your electrical system or have an electrician help with a renovation or project, you don’t want to wait until next month. That’s why we offer our members priority service. When you call to schedule work, we put you right at the top of our list.
- Extended Service Satisfaction Guarantee. We pride ourselves on offering all of our customers a great 3 year guarantee on all services, fixtures, and equipment provided by 4-Star Electric Ltd. For our members, we still strive to take everything one step further. That’s why our members enjoy a 6 year guarantee instead.
- Exclusive Specials. We want our members to feel like they are constantly getting the best possible service and benefits from their plan. That why from time-to-time, we’ll email our members special offers and exclusive discounts!
- A Home Value Booster. The 6 year guarantee we offer our members doesn’t disappear if you sell your home 2 years after receiving services. The Home Protection Plan is fully transferable to the next owner. It can be a great selling feature for a potential buyer to know the electrical system is guaranteed for another 4 years under our extended guarantee.
- Cost Saving. One of the easiest ways we can help Albertans access the electrical maintenance and upgrades they need is by making residential electrical services more affordable. Home Protection Plan Members receive a 10% discount on all services — including emergency services. As a plan member, you also won’t need to pay the dispatch fee on scheduled services.
We created the Home Protection Plan with Alberta homeowners in mind. If you’re interested in learning more about our plan or you’re ready to become our newest member for just $24.79 a month, give us a call at 403-248-0037 or register online.